Saturday, September 18, 2010

Progress & Change

Ok, my expectations were far too high and I did not meet my goal.  But that's ok, because I'm not unhappy!  I'm still down a significant amount of weight and I'm super thrilled.  I'm in high spirits and feeling fantastic. 

I've noticed a change in the muscles in my legs this week from all the walking I've been doing.  Not only can I walk faster, but I can go a bit further without needing to rest.  This is really exciting, because I feel that it wont be much longer that I can go around the block without too much trouble.  I never would have though years ago that there would be a time in my life that walking around the block would be a challenge, but here I am. 

I've had no food issues in a long time.  I can't even recall without looking back on old entries (and I don't want to) when I last had trouble with binging.  I think that says something about both proper medication and self control.  I'm proud of how far I've come since starting my cognitive behavioral therapy in March. 

My next therapy session is on Thursday and I am really looking forward to seeing my therapist.  My last appointment with her was last month because of that crazy time in the beginning of this month with the military.  Had to hold off on seeing her until we got things settled.  I really can't wait to tell her about everything going on.

I bought my guitar this week.  It will arrive sometime within the next two weeks.  I special ordered it from The Musician's Friend.  It was more exciting and scary than it was purchasing my first car as a teenager.  To have music in my life again is going to be amazing.  It hasn't been since I was a teenager that I've really played an instrument.  I look forward to this.  Once I have the instrument, I'm going to find myself an instructor and get lessons.  I wont be doing this halfheartedly.  I really want to learn.

I don't foresee any major events in the future that could create any real major anxiety or binge eating situations.  I know I will eventually have to move to the new base and I've got that pretty much under control.  This house is clean and I'm staying on top of it, ready for the move when it comes so short of something completely out of left field at this point I'm just about ready for anything.

I say, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment