Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things Didn't Go Quite As Planned

Tuesday night I got a little excited and tried to do too many things.  Now, I have been sleeping on my couch for about two years or possibly longer.  The bed causes me severe pain in my knees, hips, along my spine, shoulders and neck.  This only became a problem as I started reaching around 400lbs or so.  I found relief with the couch, which is how I ended up there.

Since I'm nearly down to 400lbs again, I thought I would give the bed a try.  I miss my husband at night!  I brought everything upstairs and went to sleep.  Every two hours I was waking up, trying to find a new position that would allow me to be in less pain and fall asleep again.  I popped some ibuprofen to get some relief from the constant pain that I was experiencing by 2 a.m.  By 4 a.m. I am awake once again and I sat up, the pain was unbearable.  That was it, I was near tears and I just couldn't sleep anymore.

My husband helped me get back downstairs which was a real challenge, my hip felt like it kept locking and my knees did not want to bend right.  Back on the couch offered little relief and I was not able to fall back to sleep until around 7 a.m.  Needless to say, I did not get to walk Bradley down to the bus stop Wednesday morning.

I was a little mad about that whole thing, because I was actually looking forward to making that part of my morning routine.  The good news is, that by the early afternoon and another dose of ibuprofen, I was finally rid of the pain and back to moving around normally.  I feel good again!  Thursday morning I will be getting my child to the bus stop by walking him down there.  While I'm excited about it, I'm sure my little one will be pointing to the garage, reminding me about the car and whining about it being hot.

It's just one a day, Little Man, if I can do it, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment